Senior Software Engineer - Testing Infrastructure
Posted Sep 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 108364
The Bloomberg Terminal is used by 325,000 of the most influential decision makers from around the world. It is being developed and improved by about 5,000 engineers that are global leaders in their areas of expertise. The software we create is the toolbox these engineers use to do their work.
As we evolve the technology behind the Bloomberg Terminal we face the issue of how to automate the user interface to imitate human users. We want to do this to provide for creating tutorials, assure the quality of our software and adequately test for errors and regressions as well as permit error reproduction. We are looking for an engineer with a passion for creating the tools to make engineering life easier and improving the workflow of their peers and themselves.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who is comfortable creating complex multi-language software to join the Bloomberg Terminal Automation Infrastructure team.
As a part of Automation Infrastructure you will:
- Develop the fundamental tools to automate the Terminal
- Work with TypeScript, C++, C#, Gherkin and more
- Interface with Chromium/Webkit via the Chrome Devtools Protocol
- Implement a Chrome Devtools Protocol service
- Open the Terminal to be automated via existing OSS solutions
- Be on the cutting edge of shaping the developer experience.
- You’re excited to take on a new challenge
- Have a passion for open source protocols
- Have a disdain for reinventing the wheel
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with behavior Driven Design / Test Driven Development
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.