Senior Software Engineer - Trade Negotiation
Posted Apr 14, 2020 - Requisition No. 82469
We are based in London as part of the wider Sell-Side Pre-Trade team and working with our Sell-Side colleagues in New York as well as with our product team, QA, Help Desk and Business partners on providing an industry-leading, multi-asset class electronic workflow solution for the sell-side community. Being an enterprise product, stability, correctness, speed and quality is paramount!
What's in it for you:
- Good communication skills are essential for dealing with internal groups such as QA, Business and other Engineering teams.
- You are expected to contribute your own ideas and solutions and will be enabled to work independently after a short ramp-up period.
- You will be involved in the full development lifecycle from requirements gathering to deploying the code. The day-to-day work will also include maintenance of existing functionality from bug-fixing to implementing improvements and refactoring.
Who are you?
- A hands-on developer who is interested in full-stack development, UI as well as backend. You are keen to work with the team on designing and implementing a stable, scalable and high-performing product that is easy to maintain.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with distributed systems
- Interest in the full software development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills and experience working with other stakeholders throughout the development process
- No previous knowledge of finance necessary
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!