Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Electronic Trading
Posted Sep 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 108369
Bloomberg Electronic Trading (ET) provides electronic trading solutions for the fixed income, currencies, and commodities markets. Our solutions provide liquidity, trading functionality, and straight-through processing across all fixed income asset classes. These are highly scalable, distributed platforms that provide analytics, executions, as well as straight-through processing. We’re a product driven team, composed of engineers and SREs working together to raise the expectation of the finance industry. We are working at the forefront of technology innovation; bringing electronic solutions to an industry that processes trillions of dollars in trades each day.
Application Systems Reliability Engineers (SRE) on the ET team build and manage both the development and production environments. You are responsible for developing tools focusing on continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management and system management. Also, you are responsible for ensuring that our large-scale highly-available production systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
We'll trust you to:
- Own, manage, monitor and optimize the reliability and overall health of our development and production environments
- Work closely with development teams to define standards and ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind
- Streamline software development with continuous integration, deployment automation and agile configuration management
- Build tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots
- Implement effective governance controls in our development lifecycle
- Manage resiliency design & planning, collection and analysis of availability metrics
- Monitor current capacity, conduct regular capacity testing and predict future capacity needs
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Software Development)
- Strong knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems running distributed applications platforms
- Demonstrated experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
- Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks and work in a global environment
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'll love to see experience with:
- Working in a regulated environment
- Containerization technologies (like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Configuration management tools (like Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous integration and deployment tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube)
- Database and NOSQL products (like PostgreSQL, Hadoop)
Check out more about how we work and what it means to be an SRE at Bloomberg in our blog post: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/bloomberg-bets-big-on-sres/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.