Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Electronic Trading
Posted Apr 3, 2018 - Requisition No. 66340
Bloomberg Electronic Trading (ET) provides electronic trading solutions for the fixed income, currencies, and commodities markets. Our solutions provide liquidity, trading functionality, and straight-through processing across all fixed income asset classes. These are highly scalable, distributed platforms that provide analytics, executions, as well as straight-through processing. We’re a product driven team, composed of engineers and SREs working together to raise the expectation of finance industry. We are working at the forefront of technology innovation; bringing electronic solutions to an industry that processes trillions of dollars in trades each day.
Application Systems Reliability Engineers (SRE) on the ET team build and manage both the development and production environments. You are responsible for developing tools focusing on continuous integration, automated software releases, configuration management and system management. Also, you are responsible for ensuring that our large-scale highly-available production systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
We'll trust you to:
- Own, manage, monitor and optimize the reliability and overall health of our development and production environments
- Work closely with development teams to define standards and ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind
- Streamline software development with continuous integration, deployment automation and agile configuration management
- Build tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots
- Implement effective governance controls in our development lifecycle
- Manage resiliency design & planning, collection and analysis of availability metrics
- Monitor current capacity, conduct regular capacity testing and predict future capacity needs
You’ll need to have:
- Professional experience in a relevant role (DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Software Development)
- Strong knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems running distributed applications platforms
- Demonstrated experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
- Hands on experience in production deployment and release management
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks and work in a global environment
We’ll love to see experience with:
- Working in a regulated environment
- Containerization technologies (like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Configuration management tools (like Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Continuous integration and deployment tools (like Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube)
- Database and NOSQL products (like PostgreSQL, Hadoop)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org