Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Market Data
Posted Jan 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 112894
Site Reliability Engineers in Market Data at Bloomberg fill the mission-critical role of ensuring our complex, real-time enterprise product is healthy, automated, observable, and designed for reliability. We work at enormous scale - billions of financial ticks are being processed every day - and we ingest, enrich, and deliver it to clients within milliseconds. Our clients have extremely high expectations around latency, correctness, and availability in order to react quickly and place market-moving trades.
We'll trust you to:
- Apply your expertise to analyze and improve the reliability and performance of our market data pipeline
- Design, develop, and deploy applications that maintain a healthy production environment. We are accountable for monitoring, observability, intelligent alerting, incident response, change management, capacity planning, provisioning, configuration, and orchestration
- Support services throughout their lifecycle, working with component teams for system design consulting, shared component development, and release reviews
- Participate in a support escalation rotation during working hours only - we have a follow-the-sun model for global 24x7 coverage
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
We'd love to see:
- Applied SRE experience
- Working knowledge of data streaming and analytics platforms
- Market Data industry exposure or knowledge
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us
that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com