Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Server & Storage
Posted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104456
The Corporate Technology Group is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software, and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration, which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
You will be part of an agile team of developers crafting and maintaining API's and tools which enable process automation and high levels of systems performance & reliability. You will apply your expertise to analyze and improve standardization, security and stability of server & storage infrastructure. You will be expected to motivate for and deliver on projects to transform our approach to managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, by effectively communicating the benefits of change.
You'll need to have:
- Proven proficiency with at least one object oriented language with a preference toward Python
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration and Configuration Management
- Experience with server/storage technology management/automation throughout the whole life cycle
- Private Cloud/Virtualisation – e.g. ESX or other virtualisation platform, scripting, APIs
- Experience with log aggregation products including collecting, reporting and dashboard creation
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working in an agile team
We would love to see:
- A good understanding of fundamental networking concepts
- Server/Storage Hardware – e.g. Redfish, syslog, rest APIs
- Strong Windows operating systems experience including Active Directory, scripting languages preferably PowerShell
- Experience with Github, Jenkins, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Rest APIs and SQL
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.