Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) is seeking a Senior Strategy Analyst to support the execution of strategic projects and to support the department's commercial growth.
You will be based in our London office, working as part of the business analysis team at Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. With the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum.
We'll trust you to:
The successful candidate will partner closely with different parts of the business to address strategic and operating issues. The role will involve idea generation, analysis, business development, product development, communication, and implementation skills.
- You will use a consultative approach to enable the development of hypotheses, contribute to conclusions, and provide strategic input in a number of areas.
- Work with the BNEF Management Team on overall BNEF strategy and wider growth initiatives
- Work with BNEF Managers to develop detailed and clear growth plans for their business areas to ensure business targets are met; support the implementation of those plans, and in some cases draw on relevant resources from other areas of the Company.
- Draft or support the drafting of presentations, memos, and other written communications for a variety of purposes.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in a strategic, operating, and/or analytical role.
- Experience in financial modelling with Excel, structuring presentations with PowerPoint and writing business communications.
- Project management skills and resourcefulness, including a collegial orientation and persuasive communication style.
- Exceptional problem-solving, quantitative and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinker.
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment.
- Relationship-builder who can influence and direct others, often without direct line reporting authority. Ability to work well both individually and within teams.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Solid business and financial acumen, including comfort with quantitative analyses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Experience or keen interest in the Energy Market
- A knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal
- MBA qualification
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Opening Date: 2nd May 2017
Closing Date: 31st May 2017