Senior Technical Account Manager - Mutual Funds
Posted Jan 26, 2024 - Requisition No. 122855
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes.
What’s the role?
Technical Account Managers deliver exceptional service and support to our content partners and customers to ensure Bloomberg is the platform of choice for the distribution of their content. As part of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of quality data for the Mutual Funds and ETP product. We are focused on finding opportunities to improve our coverage, completeness, timeliness, and accuracy for the facets of funds’ data. Our Technical Account Management team is responsible for the maintenance and calibre of the facets of the funds dataset including pricing and dividends, reference data, corporate actions, documents, and regulatory data. As a Technical Account Manager, your responsibility will be to develop subject matter expertise in your market, build and strengthen Bloomberg’s relationships with fund houses, custodians, administrators, exchanges, and third party content partners to set up sustainable data pipelines, educate them to use best data dissemination practices, stay on top of the latest industry trends, and having a complete profile for all the funds available on Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage our highest priority accounts with critical content partners
- Provide outstanding support to our content partners so that they trust us with their valuable content
- Learn from content partner interaction to be able to anticipate content partner needs
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with Content Partners to develop and implement technologies/workflows and facilitate efficient onboarding of new data sets
- Play a key role in implementing our data rights and entitlements while understanding downstream impacts
- Prioritize and manage projects with multiple partners to improve efficiency and return on investment
- Partner with internal Content Relationship Managers to understand themes/challenges partners are raising during their relationship with Bloomberg and work to build long term solutions
- Take ownership of any opportunities to improve our data products, acquire new content or enhance the customer experience
- Proactively manage campaigns to stay engaged with content partners and maintain the quality and reliability of contributed content. Support colleagues with campaigns to ensure a high -standard is reached across the team.
- Balance the best of technical and product knowledge to implement solutions for content partners
- Write detailed, accurate and complete specifications/requirements
- Contribute to training colleagues
You’ll need to have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum of 5 years+ experience working within Mutual Funds/ETFs industry or working with funds or asset management clients *
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of relationship management
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically while identifying long term solutions to limit such issues arising again
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Drive for continuous improvement to further develop our products
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Experience working with international business groups and clients
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com