Senior UI Developer - Managed Services (Contract)
Posted Jun 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 91303
The Bloomberg Managed Services team (BMS) is responsible for creating and curating Bloomberg Engineering's "as a Service" software catalog and infrastructure. We integrate products created by engineering teams from around the company into a simple, elegant user interface and provide a concise way for engineers to create and manage their ‘as a Service’ instances.
We’re looking for a front-end web engineer to help us improve our platform and build tools for other teams to integrate their services. The role involves working on our platform built with Angular and powered by an Express server. You’ll work closely with other members on the team to help design solutions for all of Bloomberg Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Develop code around internal APIs
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary team
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Angular and/or React)
- Commitment to writing meaningful unit tests and integration tests
We'd love to see:
- A thorough understanding of web application development including automated build pipelines, session management, and web security principles
- Experience with REST APIs and API Best Practices
- A passion for standardization, reusable components, and process efficiency
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. Please note this contract falls within IR35.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status