Senior iOS Engineer - Mobile Professional
Posted Dec 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 112551
Our Mobile Professional group builds the mobile app that provides financial professionals with an indispensable utility that they can use while away from their desks to stay connected, solve problems, and get caught up on things they have missed. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
Our Mobile teams develop, design, and define the mobile experience for many thousands of people daily. With team members specialising in creating mobile UIs, client software, infrastructure and services working together, we look ahead to take advantage of the latest mobile technologies and techniques. All aimed towards making the definitive mobile experience for the financial markets.
Currently, we are looking for a senior iOS software engineer to join our growing group of over 60 mobile engineers. With new projects on the horizon, and opportunities for both technical specialists, as well as those looking to progress into team leadership, you'll have an ample chance to make an impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Become part of an established team containing a diverse mix of engineers, as well as dedicated representatives from UX, QA, and Product
- Be responsible for a highly-diverse technology stack around the iOS platform, as well as the app's server-side infrastructure. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (Swift, Objective-C, Python, C++) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies as well as improving existing ones
- Collaborate effectively: you'll work closely with other technology teams to discuss shared concerns and align technical direction, you'll interact heavily with our product and UX stakeholders who are based in New York, and you'll coordinate with our release managers as part of our regular app-release process
- Continue to foster a culture of sustained, high-quality delivery through collaboration and effective teamwork
You'll need to have:
- Experience developing and designing native iOS applications in both Swift and Objective-C
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- An understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- An honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We’d love to see:
- Expertise in writing modular and (highly) testable code
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of colleagues
- A passion for learning new things
- A passion for teaching other people what you know, and mentoring less experienced team members
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/ (http://www.techatbloomberg.com/)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.