Server and Storage System Administrator
Posted Nov 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 97932
About Bloomberg Corporate Technology:
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile.
The EMEA System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our global internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily within our multi-technology team and with teams globally including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams.
We'll trust you to:
As a Server & Storage Administrator you will work within an Agile framework to build, maintain, and continuously enhance our environment. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with Regional and Global team members. You will be expected to work with colleagues to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge and experience supporting NAS/SAN Storage arrays (NetApp, Isilon, Pure, hardware configurations, serving unstructured data in mixed network environment)
- Knowledge and experience supporting VMWare Enterprise technologies in the datacenter (vSphere, VSAN, VMWare switching and networking configurations, ESXi advanced configurations, esxcli, VMFS)
- Solid understanding of Window Servers and Microsoft Active Directory and domain technologies
- Understanding of SQL & implementing clusters
- Experience on enterprise backup systems
- Experience on enterprise server deployments (rackmount, blade, HP and HPE OneView)
- Proficiency in modern programming languages (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby or Bash)
- Experience with log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation.
- Understanding of enterprise management and security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
- Experience working within an agile workflow
We'd love to see:
- Certifications in Advanced Datacenter VMWare and NetApp technologies
- Experience with Linux OS
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Azure AD, and other enterprise products
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.