Social Media Manager, Organic and Community Management
Posted May 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 114802
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news, and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. To ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow us to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is our in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Our team is responsible for storytelling on behalf of brands; whether we’re helping our clients learn about our product offerings, depicting the incredible ways we give back globally through Bloomberg Philanthropies, or crafting a visual narrative that gives a prospective candidate a sense of what it’s like to work here!
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager with a passion for using social media to drive community and employee engagement. You understand how to build coordinated and comprehensive marketing strategies to evolve our social strategy and increase the impact of our efforts in support of our businesses.
We will trust you to:
- Lead our social media employee advocacy program, educating Bloomberg employees on social best practices and empowering them to share frequently
- Identify surprise-and-delight opportunities to engage our social audiences
- Encourage and source employee-generated-content and user-generated-content to repurpose across Bloomberg social channels
- Serve as Marketing point of contact for user support and partner with them to answer any customer service questions from our social audience
- Supervise the success of creative as well as sentiment and user interactions across social channels
- Assist with day-to-day management of social media platforms, including content planning, copywriting, scheduling and publishing, and reporting and analytics
- Ensure that our social content is calendarized and represents a cohesive brand aesthetic and voice
- Use data insights and KPIs to understand and improve engagement, and to present results to clients
- Champion the power of social media marketing internally, evangelizing efforts and success stories
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and creativity, and approach challenges with a can-do attitude
- Stay on top of emerging social channels and trends to find opportunities
- Train internal constituents (marketing, product, sales and other) on content marketing and social media standard methodologies
- Partner with other Social Media Managers to spot opportunities and highlight relevant content
- Work closely with platform representatives to leverage new features, optimize our usage of them and participate in beta programs
Lead proactive and reactive community engagement strategies across all Bloomberg social media channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience using social media to engage and understand audiences in a marketing context
- Deep knowledge and expertise of social media - owned, earned and paid
- Experience with campaign creation, tracking, tagging, testing, and marketing analytics across platforms and tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with social media management and listening tools (such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
- Experience with digital marketing channels, specifically social, web and email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, whether you are in person or online
- Strong relationship management skills with experience handling many stakeholders
- Passion for what you do and for working as a global multinational team
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, please apply using the form below, and don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org