Social Video Curator/Producer - London (Contract)
Posted Sep 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 108223
This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
**Must be fluent Spanish speaker**
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg New Economy.
We are looking for a Spanish-speaking video curator/strategist to manage a new YouTube channel featuring the very best of Bloomberg's video content tailored to a Spanish-language audience. The ideal candidate will be able to identify the best videos from across Bloomberg's network: Bloomberg TV, Quicktake, Digital Originals, and find creative ways of curating these videos on a dedicated Spanish-language YouTube channel, as well as distributing to other social channels and Bloomberg platforms which serve Spanish speakers. This is an opportunity to help launch and own a news channel on YouTube and help drive Bloomberg's push into new territories. You will be a critical aspect of this growth.
- Identify content for translation
- Work with 3rd-party partner to streamline localization process
- Manage YouTube channel and grow engagement by creating playlists, using keywords/tags, optimizing individual videos with custom thumbnails and engaging headlines
- Work cross-functionally with other digital strategists to analyze and interpret data and identify content and performance trends
- Join and guide regular editorial discussion of video strategy, recommendations, programming, and workflow
- Native Spanish-language speaker, also fluent in English
- 3+ years' experience at a news major organization strategizing for YouTube and other social channels, ideally building data-driven video strategies
- Demonstrable track record of audience growth
- Strong knowledge of YouTube optimization techniques and analytics
- Experience of video curation on other social channels (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter)
- Broad understanding of the news digital video market and audience trends
- Demonstrable knowledge of business and financial news, current affairs, politics, climate and tech
Although not required, it is highly encouraged to submit a cover letter explaining why you're the right candidate for this role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.