Software Build and Release Engineer - Derivatives Pricing
Posted Jan 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 80514
The Derivatives Pricing team in London is responsible for building Bloomberg’s high performance distributed cross asset derivatives pricing platform that serves Bloomberg Terminal screens and Bloomberg Enterprise offerings. This comprises a wide variety of software components including user interfaces, client facing APIs, distributed services, data stores, functional contract modelling and quantitative finance libraries.
As a hands-on Build and Release Engineer at Bloomberg your mission will be to ensure that our services are released efficiently, are highly robust and available, and able to cope with significant fluctuations in load. These services are expected to be accessible 24/7 and serve millions of hits daily.
We'll trust you to:
- Take complete ownership of the software delivery process, including the build, testing, release, configuration and monitoring of components owned by our team.
- Actively monitor the end-to-end delivery pipeline and resolve outstanding issues.
- Design and implement solutions to continuously improve the efficiency of our delivery process.
- Proactively research technology and internal tools with the aim of further-improving the efficiency and maintainability of our processes.
- Collaborate with the developer experience (DevX) team, and provide feedback on available tooling to ensure our requirements are captured.
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of software engineering development practices
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery principles
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, bash, perl, groovy)
- Experience maintaining build systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Mindset for stability and efficiency
We'd love to see:
- Experience building and managing Jenkins pipelines with groovy
- Experience releasing software at scale
- Experience with cmake
- High-level understanding of dpkg
- Experience with c++
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on.
The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/engineering-experienced-hire-application-process/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know.