Strategic Operations Analyst (Global Customer Support Strategy and Analytics)
Posted Apr 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74599
The Global Customer Support Strategy and Analytics team focuses on providing quality data, tools, and analytics to drive high-impact business decisions. Our group relies heavily on data analytics and real-world experimentation to guide the strategic direction of the department. We are also responsible for carrying out projects to improve service and ensure operational efficiencies. Our projects include creating performance-reporting tools, designing/developing easy to use client and internal solutions, and collecting/managing business performance metrics.
What's The Role?
We are seeking a Strategic Operations Analyst to help us continue to drive ground-breaking change. As an integral member of our team, you will manage and synthesize data; identify and validate opportunities; test the viability of alternate approaches and solutions. You interpret and communicate relevant information to colleagues and executive decision-makers. You will be responsible for providing reports, developing analyses and distilling actionable insights on core business metrics to enable data-drive decision-making.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design analytics and reporting to give daily insight into the performance of the department and our ongoing efforts
- Support Global Head of Customer Support in defining and clarifying the goals of the department
- Use data, strong logical arguments and clear communication to drive decisions
- Help identify root causes and recommended solutions, presenting results in meaningful terms and telling stories with data
- Continually improve processes and tools to increase automation, efficiency and levels of customer service. Conceive of new ideas and projects to improve the performance of the department
- Partner in special projects and ongoing Business Planning initiatives with the Software Development teams and internal business partners. Work with leaders of other business to identify valuable opportunities to share technology and tools
- Operationalize the maintenance of data/metrics to feed reporting dashboards, to validate calculations, and to enhance current and new reporting tools
- Make Data Beautiful and Meaningful: Visualizations help us tell a complete story with data
You’ll Need to Have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- Advanced Excel required; MS-Office and SQL proficiency preferred
- Exposure in QlikSense or Tableau preferred
- Experience in building complex and insightful analytics to drive business improvements
- Experience in business and data analytics; Working with large datasets
- Have a knack for understanding technical systems (no specific technical knowledge required)
- Clear communication tailored to audiences ranging from senior managers and the broader department
- Experience working with senior leaders
We’d love to see:
- A sense of urgency to move quickly and ability to define for yourself what work is most valuable
- Prioritize (the number of valuable projects there are to do are practically infinite and the resources to execute them are constrained)
- Feel ownership over the department and comfort tackling responsibilities that ‘really aren’t my job’
- Speak up and feel comfortable dissenting opinions while backing them up with facts and logic
- Ability to get going quickly – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Strong teamwork skills for collaboration with various internal partners
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.