Structured Products Modeler
Posted Mar 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 73918
The Structured Products market makes up nearly $10 trillion of US public and private bond market debt. Our Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities team develops a product to model new issuance and update stability of over 2,500 structured transactions. Clients rely on this industry leading platform to provide high-quality, timely data and robust analytical tools to guide their decision making process.
As a CMBS Structured Product Analyst on our team, you will partner closely with CMBS issuers, investors, trustees, financial modelers and engineers at Bloomberg. You’ll develop a deep understanding of deal structures and collateral performance. Your input and strategy will be invaluable to the growth of our product, and your programming skills will help automate our functions and enhance our processes to ensure the highest quality product.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with issuers to implement new CMBS cash flow models
- Verify timely updates of models and support related products that use CMBS cash flows and data
- Use proprietary tools to maintain our library of CMBS deals
- Audit quality control reports to ensure data accuracy and frequently report on the status of the data and update processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve model discrepancies in addition to developing enhancements as needed
- Come up with better, faster ways to do all of the above by learning new technologies
You’ll need to have:
- A BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Finance or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of the Mortgage domain
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SQL
- Strong understanding of a scripting language or VBA
- An understanding of financial terms
- Experience working with large data sets and applying programming skills to maximize productivity
- Strong problem solving skills
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of Python
- Understanding of the CMBS domain and cash flows
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Opening Date: 04 March 2019
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
Competitive salary and benefits offered
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.