Structuring & Workflow Services Product Manager
Posted Jul 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 105278
The Bloomberg Pricing & Risk Services team is responsible for building a leading enterprise system across all asset classes. The system provides a comprehensive suite of data, structuring, pricing and risk analytics to Bloomberg clients across Sell and Buy sides whether they are using the Terminal, Enterprise Data or Enterprise Product solutions.
These solutions include:
- Derivatives data including curves, CDS and volatility surfaces/cubes
- Structuring and idea generation
- Back testing, Cash flow projections
- Valuation, Greeks and risk analytics
- Portfolio services
- Scenario analysis and stress testing
- Regulatory (such as MIFID and PRIIPs) analytics
- Trade capture and integration with our RFQ, Sales Trader Workflow, Execution Management Systems and Order Management Systems (such as TOMS and AIM)
- Life cycle management
- Intra-day and end of day risk
- P&L explanation
- Financial instruments and portfolio APIs
What's the role?
The team is looking for a senior product manager to drive our structuring and workflow strategy. You will be responsible for the cross-asset structuring functionality and workflows. You will join the ongoing effort in the pricing and risk department to evolve our risk analytics solutions in order to continue accommodating the future needs of our clients.
You will use your market expertise to work closely with our engineering group responsible for our deal representation and structuring workflow. This includes our scripting language BLAN and the technology which provides the ability to transform the script automatically into a template allowing our clients to offer any innovative product straight away to the market. You will do so by focusing on expanding that technology coverage and building a scalable and flexible component that will empower the structuring workflows across our enterprise products.
You will be part of a dynamic and diverse group of engineers, product managers, financial engineers and product specialists that drives innovation focusing on delivering the best system for risk management underpinned by our deal representation technology that services the needs of players throughout the lifecycle of their deals.
You will lead teams outside of your immediate span of control and without formal reporting lines (e.g. sales, product, engineering, implementation) to buy into the product strategy and business plan delivery. You will ensure prioritization, requirements gathering and execution of highly sophisticated x and inter-dependent projects.
In this fast-paced role, you will be an integral part of our collaborative team of product specialists, Financial engineers and software Engineers.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage financial products, including derivatives and structured products, domain expertise to determine the product road map and manage the structuring workflows strategy and excecution
- Be commercially aware and think in terms of commercial opportunities and develop capabilities to ensure the product stays relevant and fit for purpose.
- Understand the market and the industry at a macro and micro level and use this to shape the direction of the product
- Understand technologies underpinning the deal representation including scripting languages and industry standards
- Partner with engineering to further develop existing structuring technologies and expand their coverage and functionality
- Document clear functional specifications for each phase of product development and take part in our agile collaboration framework
- Work collaboratively with other Product Specialists and Managers to ensure a smooth integration of our structuring components across the Terminal, Enterprise Products and enterprise data
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments including derivatives and structured products
- Strong knowledge of structuring, transaction and life cycle workflows
- Strong knowledge of deal representation technologies including scripting technologies
- Strong knowledge of trading, booking, position management and post trade practices
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with at least 6 years in financial structuring related roles
- Ability to define and articulate functional architecture of a system to engineering, product specialists and clients
- Highly motivated, consensus builder, collaborates well in a team
- Strong leadership skills enjoying working in a start-up environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
We'd love to see:
- Commercial skills and prior experience in client facing roles
- Experience with payoff languages and DSL
- Good knowledge of regulation
- Comfortable with Agile process for building software
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)