System Administrator - Infrastructure (Contractor)
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70161
The Systems Stability Engineering team manages a large and diverse fleet of Linux, Windows, Solaris, and AIX servers, handling all aspects of operating system administration including configuration management, task orchestration, kernel and performance tunables, and filesystems. You will get to work with modern, open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications.
The Systems Administrator Contract role will provide world class systems management and engineering skills for this global Linux/Unix and Windows computing environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience showing progressive levels of responsibility within the realm of systems administration engineering
- Experience with interpreted languages (such as Python, Ruby, Perl) and shell scripting (ksh or bash ideal)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization
- Must function as a member of a team and thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven systems environment
We’d love to see:
- Ability to implement basic tunables and network settings using configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, CFEngine, Puppet, etc.)
- History of working with industry-standard tools such as Chef, SaltStack, and Foreman to manage and maintain provisioning and configuration standards
- Experience with LVM and network-based enterprise filesystem management
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of outages
- Prior involvement in coordinating activities with vendors such as software and firmware bug reporting and remediation
Please note that the shift for this role is:
4am-1pm running from Sundays-Thursdays or Tuesdays-Sundays.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com