System Administrator - SRE
Posted Jul 1, 2019 - Requisition No. 75840
Who we are:
The Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all of the hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As part of the Infosys infrastructure organisation, the Global System Administration team is trusted to ensure that thousands of infrastructure and endpoint devices are functioning effectively. We provide all the day-to-day hands on management and support for Desktops, Servers, Storage, Software, Networks and Telecoms systems keeping tens of thousands of employees productive. Bloomberg moves fast and so do we, constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way we do things as well as the technology/services we provide.
We'll trust you to:
As an SRE in the system administration team you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardisation, security, performance and stability. You will need to motivate for and deliver on projects to transform our approach to managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, by effectively communicating the benefits of change. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide world-class levels of transparency and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with rapidly changing business requirements.
You'll need to have:
- Proficiency with Python, Powershell and/or other scripting languages and automation.
- Proficiency with applying security concepts and hardening of IT infrastructure.
- Capability to work within an agile workflow.
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Rest APIs.
- Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems
- Proficiency with SQL server or other relational databases
- Experience with modern SDLC practices
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
We would love to see:
- Experience with Network Access Control products.
- Experience with Firewall management and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation.
- Management of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop systems.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Active Directory, GPOs, SCCM and SCOM.
- Exposure with Cisco Call Manager, SIP technologies and related Telecoms technologies.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.