As an SRE (or "Systems Reliability Engineer ") at Bloomberg, you will work on our biggest critical services. Your mission will be to ensure Bloomberg is fast, highly available, scalable, and able to withstand unprecedented increases in load.
In this role you will be at the heart of solving production with a scope from the kernel to the application.
That means the position requires the flexibility and creativity to take an all-round approach to troubleshooting. A strong attention to detail will be needed as you will deep dive in certain issues when required.
The team is co-located with the various application development teams and will report directly to the Systems Reliability Engineering organisation for oversight, strategic direction, training and career development. You will build automation tools for system health, production acceptance tests to validate production changes and will ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure optimal availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Bloomberg application development. You will do this by advocating engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Respond to and resolve unexpected and potential service problems. You will write software to prevent the same problem happening again
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other non-functional systems requirements
- Review and influence on-going design, architecture, standards and methods for improving operating services
- Own system releases, write production software acceptance tests and coordinate all aspects of the release including coverage and communication plans
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Software Engineer or Development of customer-facing, high-availability, large scale distributed applications-In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix-Exposure to in C or C++, Java technologies
- Understanding of a variety of scripting languages
We'd love to see:
- Extensive exposure to working with fault tolerant approaches in a large scale distributed environment and high performance systems
- Understanding of how complex systems environments work
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness and engineering mindset
- Ability to analyse and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.