TOMS Trading Systems Client Support
Posted Dec 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 106198
What do we do?
Bloomberg’s Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) provides fixed income sell-side firms with the capabilities to efficiently manage inventory, risk, P&L, compliance and straight-through processing. The enterprise suite of solutions includes electronic trading tools and market connectivity to help firms synchronize their front office risk and trading with middle-office, operations and enterprise applications in real-time. With regulatory challenges such as MiFID II, there is no better time to join a product that is at the forefront of helping our clients meet these needs.
As a key member of our TOMS Client Support team, you will support our sell-side clients with their critical trade life cycle work-flow. By consulting with users from Front, Middle and Back office you will help our clients make better and faster decisions using the power of the Bloomberg TOMS product suite.
The team also works closely with account management, sales and product to influence client usage, drive product improvement and share their expertise within the wider business and the department. You will collaborate with the R&D and Engineering teams to help solve problems and improve client’s processes. This role will require an individual who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team, in a fast-paced industry within financial technology.
Where can the role take me?
There are multiple opportunities to further your career across the department or the company, such as becoming a Subject Matter Expert within the team, or progressing into one of our Order Management or Electronic Trading Account Management and Sales teams. You could go on to take up a Leadership position, or pursue a role in our Product or Implementations teams.
We'll trust you to:
Provide expertise in the three core areas below:
Client Service: At Bloomberg we pride ourselves on focusing on the client experience, providing the fastest and most knowledgeable solutions to our clients. You will:
- Use your product knowledge and acquired client intel to build and maintain credible relationships with your clients.
- Exceed client expectations by taking ownership and driving resolution.
- Create clear and up-to-date documentation of client needs.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with external stakeholders.
Product and Domain Expertise: You'll know your customers' business, our competitors, and Bloomberg's product offerings. The expectations are for you to:
- Develop your knowledge of our products, and our customers' workflows.
- Share and build knowledge across the business.
- Apply product knowledge to add value to the client experience.
- Stay ahead of what's happening in the financial markets and understand the impact on our clients.
Business Impact: This is the value add brought to internal stakeholders, including Product, Sales, Implementation & Engineering, where you will:
- Generate leads and contribute to Sales campaigns. Grasp the opportunities and generate revenue leads to contribute to overall sales.
- Validate, analyse, and prioritise product enhancement requests and fixes for Product and Engineering.
- Provide valuable customer intelligence that drives product improvements and sales performance.
- A strong understanding of the sell-side full trade life cycle, and knowledge of client workflows.
- Previous exposure to the Financial Services and/or Technology industry
- Previous experience in sell-side markets, and exposure to order management and electronic trading systems.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate problems and provide solutions.
- Great communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences.
- Interest in technology and coding skills
- Knowledge of connectivity protocols such as FIX, TNP, XML.
- Fluency in another European language in addition to English is a plus.
We would love to see:
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.