TV News Desk Editor - Assignment Desk Asia - Based in Hong Kong
Posted Jan 22, 2020 - Requisition No. 80837
Bloomberg TV is seeking an ambitious self-motivated, hard-working news editor to join our Asia-Pacific News Desk based in Hong Kong. This is a pivotal role in the newsroom requiring a collaborative attitude across teams and global perspective. You are passionate about business and financial news, demonstrate excellent editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills and have keen attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- React to breaking news, allocating and reallocating resource as necessary.
- Be a strong editorial voice, providing guidance and support to our live TV and radio broadcasts across multiple regions.
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's editorial platforms.
- Participate in short and long-term editorial planning, pitching stories, coverage ideas, interviews and elements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Recent and relevant editorial experience in business and financial news, with TV experience a plus but not a prerequisite
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of financial markets and business news
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Flexibility with hours
- Native English level required
You’ll need to have:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.