Team Lead - Derivatives
Posted Sep 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 108809
Financial derivatives instruments across several asset classes (foreign exchange, fixed income, equity, index, commodity, credit, etc) trade millions of times a day, both as listed products on exchanges and as bespoke over-the-counter products. The Derivatives Engineering organisation brings transparency to this multi-trillion dollar market. The systems we build empower our clients to generate trade ideas, structure deals, connect to electronic trading platforms, capture market movements, and assess and hedge portfolio risk for derivatives instruments.
Our organisation is right at the intersection of finance and technology. We work directly with product managers, financial engineers and quantitative analysts to understand the client and market needs. We use technology pertinent to the problem at hand (open source technologies, distributed computing, functional programming, machine learning to name a few) to build scalable and reliable systems that bring value to our clients.
The Derivatives organisation is growing significantly and we have exciting leadership opportunities across multiple teams in London. We are looking for innovative leaders to lead teams that will be working on mission critical and strategic projects.
We will trust you to:
- Mentor, inspire, and grow engineers into a high-performing team
- Come up with a technical vision for the team
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap
- Attract and recruit engineers into the team
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience managing a team or mentoring others
- Strong people leadership skills and an ability to empower team members
- A passion for software engineering and solving complex problems
- Desire to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment within the team
We’d love to see:
- Desire to grow people and help engineers to reach their potential
- Interest in learning finance (but no prior background in finance is required)
- Drive to build communities and support D&I initiatives
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org