Team Lead - Derivatives
Posted Jan 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 113264
Financial derivatives instruments across several asset classes (foreign exchange, fixed income, equity, index, commodity, credit, etc) trade millions of times a day, both as listed products on exchanges and as bespoke over-the-counter products. The Derivatives Engineering organisation brings transparency to this multi-trillion dollar market. The systems we build empower our clients to generate trade ideas, structure deals, connect to electronic trading platforms, capture market movements, and assess and hedge portfolio risk for derivatives instruments.
Our organisation is right at the intersection of finance and technology. We work directly with product managers, financial engineers and quantitative analysts to understand the client and market needs. We use technology pertinent to the problem at hand (open source technologies, distributed computing, functional programming, machine learning to name a few) to build scalable and reliable systems that bring value to our clients.
The Derivatives organisation is growing significantly and we have exciting leadership opportunities across multiple teams in London. We are looking for innovative leaders to lead teams that will be working on mission critical and strategic projects.
We will trust you to:
- Mentor, inspire, and grow engineers into a high-performing team
- Come up with a technical vision for the team
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap
- Attract and recruit engineers into the team
You’ll need to have:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience as an engineering people manager, leading technical teams (including team building and individual development, mentorship and coaching, performance reviews, recruiting and technical leadership).
- The ability to foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment through driving a strong culture of teamwork.
- The skills to effectively listen to, communicate with, challenge and influence team members, peers and senior managers, locally and remotely.
- Exposure to running live production systems, including triaging and resolving outages.
- Software development experience with an object-oriented language.
- A deep understanding of large-scale distributed system architectures.
- The ability to contribute directly to projects through hands-on development as well as through effective delegation.
- Desire to grow people and help engineers to reach their potential
- Interest in learning finance (but no prior background in finance is required)
- Drive to build communities and support D&I initiatives
- A growth mindset, we are all still learning and we expect you to as well
We’d love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility email@example.com