The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The vision of the Bloomberg Advertising Operations Team is to provide the highest quality cross platform media campaigns and services to customers across the globe. The Pricing and Inventory Group Team Lead will work the Global Head of Pricing and Inventory on the overall strategy, analysis, management and execution of Bloomberg Media's pricing and inventory, to ensure we are properly and effectively monetizing our cross platform advertising assets. We're looking for a data wizard combined with a deep knowledge of the media business with extensive knowledge television media. You are data driven in your approach and have a real passion for yield management, helping manage multiple media platforms, solving problems, and supporting overarching team initiatives. You are a enthusiastic team leader that thrives in a fast paced, cross-platform environment. Armed with a deep knowledge of pricing market trends, Bloomberg products, individual client needs and market knowledge; you'll brainstorm, develop and refine compelling, customized analyses.
You will be able to:
- Analyze pricing and inventory data to help inform sales strategy for both individual platforms as well as cross-platform deals across our five platforms
- Be deeply immersed in the inventory and revenue data; fluent at translating the data to many different groups; and quick to understand the implications in the data and to take action to resolve
- Deliver analysis and recommendations on inventory allocation and pricing,
- Experience in new product pricing and creation including forecasting analysis to determine product viability, possible revenue and recommendations on ad product priorities
- Implement strategies that drive growth, optimize pricing, and accurately and holistically report on business performance
- Lead a team of cross platform Pricing and Inventory Analysts and also be the expert on all things TV
- Work with Finance to develop revenue budgets and forecasts based on your core monetization expertise
- Work with leadership to develop and manage Ad Sales Rate Cards across brands from an operational and strategic perspective.
- Communicate & present complex data in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
- Develop and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external partners across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective team that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives
- Gain experience in balancing sales goals with rigorous inventory and pricing management goals
- Support employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential
You need to have:
- Recent and relevant management experience in advertising, marketing, analytics, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Proficiency in TV platforms and experience in Digital, Print and Radio a plus
- Experience with leading teams
- Ability to inspire change in a dynamic environment
- Strong experience and comfort level dealing with senior management
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloombergmedia.com/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.