Team Leader - Dividend Forecasting Data
Posted Dec 8, 2023 - Requisition No. 122017
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Dividend Forecasting Data team monitors and interprets major company developments to identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors. The team is responsible for providing value beyond reported data using their financial knowledge to forecast key data-points about a company that clients can use to understand the potential direction and magnitude of a company’s dividend payout. The team uses their sector and regional domain expertise to generate insightful content for client consumption.
What’s the Role?
As the Dividend Forecasting Data Team Leader, you will play a key role in developing and leading individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds ranging from data analysts to data management professionals. You will lead by example in understanding the financial market, dividends data, data management practices, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are essential to guide the team successfully. To do so you will have a small portfolio of company dividends to forecast. Using your experience, you will guide your team to find opportunities to expand coverage, ensure quality and timeliness of the product, and improve processes closely with team specialists, product, and engineering. You will guide your teams to think strategically, apply data management standard methodologies to their data sets, and to deliver quality data that is ready to use and fit for purpose.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of data analysts and data management professionals who are experts in their field through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, and project management
- Collaborate globally with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and improve fit-for-purpose data and functionality across the terminal
- Encourage the team to craft and implement proactive data quality management standard methodologies supported by customer-focused metrics and processes
- Develop data modeling and ETL skills within the team while collaborating with Engineering teams to develop a robust dataset that increases client’s value
- Build processes that enable the best methods of delivering data that surpasses client expectations using data governance expertise alongside the Dividend Forecasting Data Product Owner
- Stay up to date with industry trends and standard processes to be able to proactively spot opportunities for improvement
- Maintain a portfolio of companies in which you’ll be responsible for producing, reviewing, and updating dividend forecasts
You’ll Need to Have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- 3+ years of relevant leadership experience or strong relevant experience as an individual contributor as well as relevant domain knowledge*
- Demonstrable experience in data management related role such as data quality, data modeling and/or data engineering
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis using tools such as Python, SQL, and/or Tableau
- Experience working with large datasets alongside the ability to quantify trends impacting the industry
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative evidence to drive commercial decisions
- Strategic vision to align your team's goals while providing outstanding service to business and other internal/external clients
- Experience implementing a product strategy which delivers on that vision
- Superb interpersonal skills to establish strong credibility and influential relationships in order to communicate business needs and an operational strategy to internal and external partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.