Team Leader - EMEA CLO and ABS Data & Modeling
Posted Sep 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 118904
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Global Securitized Products Data Team is responsible for researching and supporting a $12 trillion global securitized product market. This team is specifically responsible for all EMEA Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Asset Backed Securities (ABS). They are responsible for the full stack of work involved in handling these asset sectors, including new issuance and bond data, collateral performance data, cashflow modeling, periodic cashflow and collateral reconciliation, customer support, and client engagement.
What’s the Role?
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and developing a hard-working team of data analysts and cash flow modelers to effectively lead, empower, and develop a team. You will lead by demonstrating strong product knowledge within the securitized product domain, specifically within CLOs and ABS. Using your market knowledge, you will also be responsible for development of data offerings by applying data management best practices while ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to lead all aspects of the delivery of accurate and timely financial data across EMEA's CLO and ABS market. The team leader will also be tasked with continually seeking new ways to operate more efficiently. You will work closely with team specialists, Product, Engineering, and partners to create business opportunities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of industry experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality financial data, data analysis, cashflow models, and project management
- Liaise and collaborate with teams such as Engineering and Product to help develop and improve product databases and functionality
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Build processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service goes above and beyond
- Run and mentor team on large and sophisticated data projects and business initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within your previous or current role
- Ability to lead and develop a team of experts including data analysts and cashflow modelers
- Demonstrated securitized product knowledge, CLO and ABS preferred
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing outstanding service to business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to implement a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and partners
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Track record of driving strategies, handling sophisticated projects, and leadership ability in change management or influencing others
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related subject area preferred/CFA designation
- Expert-level knowledge of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of technologies (Python, Unix, Github, data visualization tools)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.