Team Leader-Employee Operations
Posted Nov 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 111304
Who we are:
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news, and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain, through our services and applications are dedicated to providing an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and visibility. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central to this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 innovative offices around the world!
We are a close-knit, hardworking team who rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are successful, and where we can develop.
Our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitoring our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What’s the Role:
We’re looking for a [London]-based Team Leader to join our Employee Operations team. This team is crucial to the smooth operation of the internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We provide technical support for all our employees globally. As Bloomberg’s internal front line, while we predominantly provide technical support, we strive for a consistent employee experience and thus look for opportunities to improve and streamline across Operations and our service delivery model as a whole.
You will be the lead for this team striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail-oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently. As a people leader, there will be an emphasis on developing an impactful team and a focus on career development. You will be responsible for managing workload and escalations, and facilitate tasks via ticketing systems, dashboards and the Bloomberg terminal. This is an opportunity to fully own the growth and development of the team and support the employee experience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and develop a team of high performing individuals, driving adherence to SLAs and performance metrics through coaching and feedback
- Provide tailored coaching that improves individual productivity and performance
- Provide oversight to our Service Organization functions and ticketing systems
- Foster a diverse and inclusive work environment by demonstrating inclusive leadership, seeking out diverse points of view, and supporting the execution of new ideas
- Own recruiting initiatives, hiring diverse skills, and resource allocation
- Ensure governance of policies, procedures and documentation are adhered to
- Collaborate and build robust relationships with other teams across Support Operations, including our end-users and customer business units
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for their teams to guide professional career development discussions
- Drive team delivery of excellent levels of customer service
- Create and present regular reports on team and individual performance. Evaluate each team member's progress and contribution through regular check-ins and formal performance reviews, soliciting feedback from stakeholders, Product Owners, Team Leads, Scrum Lead and Scrum Team.
- Execute and communicate change management strategy
- Partner with regional and global service delivery product owners to ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities
You’ll need to have:
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach and develop your team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Experience in implementing and communicating change management strategy with clarity
- Ability to efficiently implement new processes and support organizational change initiatives
- Ability to operate successfully in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Track-record and demonstrable understanding of IT operational disciplines, process workflows, resource, and problem management
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
We’d love to see:
- Experience leading a team or program, or demonstrated people management and organizational change skills
- Experience working in an operational capacity, particularly a customer service or experience-oriented team
- Experience in a technical role, in the IT industry or working with a technical support team
- Experience working in a 24/7 coverage model organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com