Tech, Media, Telecoms Editor
Posted Oct 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 96435
Technology, media and telecommunications are changing the nature of business and society in Europe. We're seeking an editor who can work with reporters to break the biggest scoops and tell the most important stories about how TMT is transforming business, society and culture across the region.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re a creative, experienced editor who can work collaboratively with reporters and other editors to continue to establish Bloomberg as the most important source for TMT news in Europe.
This person will play a key role in helping the team cover internet companies, smartphone makers, chip providers, startups and venture capital firms. Your responsibilities will include generating and shaping ideas, editing copy, coaching and mentoring reporters and interacting with journalists across the organisation. Knowledge of company financials is essential. An understanding of economies and financial markets is a plus.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help reporters develop feature stories about the companies and culture of European TMT companies
- Guide reporters to break news and uncover exclusive information on their beats
- Collaborate with other editors on the TMT team and beyond to expand our impact
- Maintain composure under intense deadline pressure
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgement and a willingness to learn
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of three years of business editing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An interest in technology and how it is impacting both business and society
- Proven success in generating story ideas
- Proven success in producing outstanding copy
We’d love to see:
Experience working in a real-time news environment
Fluency in two of the region’s key languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org