Technical Account Manager - Alternative Investments Funds
Posted Sep 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 118901
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
Our Team :
The Alternative Investment Funds team supports Bloomberg’s suite of private markets data from fund launch to liquidation, seed round to IPO and all the data in between. Whether a fund investor, manager or advisor, the Alternative Investment Funds team has the data, solutions and industry network to help the clients take their fund and company analysis to the next level.
What’s the role :
The Alternatives Technical Account Managers are a group of individuals who play a vital role in delivering exceptional service and technical support to our new and existing content partners and customers. Our account managers work proactively with our partners to ensure Bloomberg is the platform of choice for the dissemination of their content.
We’ll trust you to :
- Provide outstanding support to our content partners so that they trust us with their valuable content
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with Content Partners to develop and implement technologies/workflows and facilitate efficient onboarding of new data sets
- Prioritize and manage projects with multiple partners to improve efficiency and return on investment
- Work closely with a team of account managers, technical specialists and product managers to better understand our clients’ data needs and key market trends and develop your account strategy
- Proactively manage campaigns to stay engaged with content partners and maintain the quality and reliability of contributed content. Support colleagues with campaigns to ensure a high standard is reached across the team
- Become a true domain expert in Alternative Investments by using business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition and data content improvements
You’ll need to have :
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills vital for the role.
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- 2+ years of work experience in the financial services industry, including exchanges, market data providers or financial institutions*
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Understanding of capital markets and the investment lifecycle for private assets.
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see :
- Certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA 
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org