Technical Account Manager - Content Acquisition (OTC Pricing)
Posted Aug 11, 2023 - Requisition No. 118095
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Content Acquisition & Business Management team (CABM) is an integral part of the Data department. We lead the governance, cost, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Technical Account manager, based in the London office. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content partners; you will be handling incoming queries and technical issues, as well as proactively working with our partners to ensure their OTC pricing content is delivered in an accurate, timely and effective manner. To do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
We'll trust you to:
- Offer outstanding service to our content partners by using your deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges so that they trust us with their valuable content
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with Content Partners to develop and implement technologies/workflows and facilitate efficient onboarding of new data sets
- Collaborate with our team of motivated account managers, technical specialists, relationship managers and product managers to better understand our clients' data needs and balance the best of technical and product knowledge to implement solutions
- Optimize data ingestion workflows and improve data quality, by understanding the data contribution infrastructure internally and externally
- Become a true domain expert in OTC pricing data, by using business intelligence tools to spot trends, identify gaps and areas for data acquisition or enhancements
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working in the financial industry or working directly with clients
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple client queries and projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to lead strategic technical and business relationships
- Drive and passion to develop your own ideas, strategies and proactively manage campaigns for your accounts
- Good interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- A proactive demeanor with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Keen interest and understanding of financial markets
- Experience in finding technical solutions to help automate or improve our content partners’ data workflows and find efficiencies, for example improving data creation and distribution capabilities
- Experience in using business intelligence to identify gaps and trends, or opportunities for product enhancements
- Experience managing and supporting sell-side accounts, brokers or central banks
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of FIX Connectivity and the following programming languages: Python, SQL and VBA
- Experience in data analytics tools; business intelligence tools or similar
- Interest in or experience of using data analytical tools to find opportunities for product and content improvements
- Prior experience working as an Account Manager in a tech-focused organization
- Experience with building technology solutions for Enterprise workflow efficiency
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org?