Technical Account Manager - Funds
Posted Jun 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 117024
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
With global assets under management in the hundreds of trillions of dollars, one of the primary areas for investment is in the mutual and exchange traded funds space. As a team, we are responsible for acquiring, ingesting, normalising and presenting market data pertaining to funds onto the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products. One of the key factors in this data flow is establishing and maintaining positive relationships with fund managers and other data providers in the funds industry. Our data coverage includes performance data such as pricing and assets, reference data such as strategy and fees, along with regulatory reporting requirements including ESG. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, work closely with our clients and understand their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients get access to a market leading fund data platform.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build relationships with a range of fund houses and data providers
- Use your market knowledge to perform market analysis to identify new areas for data procurement
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to improve relevant product databases
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with raised client inquiries, and upskill our clients through training and client calls
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility in handling your account relationships
- Report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum of 5 years + experience working the funds industry or working directly with funds or asset management clients*
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with our customers
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Experience in utilizing business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify technical issues, and devise solutions that will ultimately make our client workflows and internal processes more efficient
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Experience leading a group of people to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org