Technical Account Manager - Third Party Indices
Posted Jan 24, 2024 - Requisition No. 122806
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes.
The Third Party Index Team supports Bloomberg’s suite of Indices to fulfill our clients’ benchmarking and custom index needs. In addition to establishing and maintaining our strong relationships with Third Party Index data providers, the Third Party Index Team is dedicated to developing the most efficient ways to ensure our data acquisition, data processing and data delivery mechanisms are accurate, timely and meet Bloomberg’s highest quality standards.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Index Data Technical account manager. Your role will be vital in supporting the dissemination of third party index data. In order to do so you will need to build strong relationships with our content partners, have a deep understanding of the technology stack used and be able to identify opportunities and address any challenges as they are presented.
We'll Trust You To:
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with content partners to develop and implement technologies/workflows and facilitate efficient onboarding of data
- Provide outstanding support so that they trust us with their valuable content
- Take ownership of any opportunities to improve our data products, acquire new content or enhance the customer experience
- Prioritize and manage projects to support out content partners and improve our data product
- Support our Bloomberg clients and provide exceptional customer service through the ADSK platform
- Collaborate with our partners across the organization including Engineers and Product Managers
You'll Need to Have:
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum of 2 years + experience working the financial industry or working directly with clients*
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with our customers
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Experience in utilizing business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify technical issues, and devise solutions that will ultimately make our client workflows and internal processes more efficient
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
We'd Love to See:
- Master's degree or certification such as a CFA charter holder or CAIA
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Experience working with international business groups and clients
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming for example Excel, SQL, and/or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com