Technical Business Analyst - Global Data Technical Operations
Posted Jun 25, 2019 - Requisition No. 75753
At Bloomberg, our product is our data. The Global Data department is the core of Bloomberg's product offering, providing our Terminal and Enterprise clients with the data that powers decision making throughout the financial industry. We combine deep product understanding with cutting edge technology to define what it means to be a modern financial data provider.
In Global Data’s Technical Operations team, our focus is on data engineering. We build large-scale automated systems that handle the huge variety of data that Bloomberg delivers to customers worldwide. We’re looking for experienced business analysts to provide the interface between our data engineers and our business stakeholders across multiple regions, to plan and coordinate large technical projects.
What’s the role?
The Global Data Technical Operations (GDTO) team is responsible for identifying and developing innovative solutions to automate the acquisition, processing, and analysis of the data that fuels Bloomberg products such as News, Enterprise Products, and the Bloomberg Terminal. We work with asset class specific data management teams to understand their needs, and support the implementation of technical solutions that drive their operations.
As a Technical Business Analyst in GDTO, you will play a critical role in this process by working with stakeholders across the Global Data department to identify opportunities, collaborate with managers to understand the long-term business objectives, and partner with Data Engineers in the team to develop and deliver robust data pipelining and automation solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the technology and financial products of our stakeholders, work closely with data analysts, managers, and other stakeholders to identify similarities across the business, along with the unique aspects of different product areas.
- Leverage business and process analysis skills to proactively identify opportunities.
- Synthesize feedback and empirical evidence using business intelligence to set direction and strategy for the technical development of the Global Data teams and their data sets.
- Create and maintain roadmaps/release plans that spans the entire project lifecycle, refine and prioritize a product backlog and lead project execution.
- Operate independently, taking ownership of the successful delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements in a timely manner.
- Communicate business impact through regular reporting with quantitative and qualitative metrics.
Successful applicants will likely possess a combination of these:
- Demonstrable business and process analysis skills, with a portfolio of successful projects in a professional setting, preferably applied to the Data Management industry
- Sound technical understanding, with the ability to analyze data programmatically using SQL, common Business Intelligence (BI) toolkits such as Qlik Sense, Tableau, Jupyter Notebook, Excel, or Python for data analysis (e.g. Pandas) in order to make data-driven decisions.
- A good understanding of Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies within an enterprise environment.
- Ability to manage technical projects with direct and/or indirect stakeholders and define business plans by gathering and validating requests, developing use cases, and prioritizing implementation features based on their return on investment.-
- End-to-end ownership of the product throughout all of the design and implementation steps, ranging from gathering requirements, design the solution to hands-on data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to build partnerships across an organization and interface/facilitate interactions with both engineering and business counterparts through effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to translate high-level business goals into actionable deliverables, with well-defined roadmaps and timelines.
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking for analyzing our internal data ingestion processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment, executing on immediate tasks while maintaining a long-term outlook.
- Great team player attitude, focusing on delivering value for the department through effective collaboration.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 5th August 2019
Closing date: 2nd September 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits