Technical Business Analyst - Regulatory Reporting Services
Posted Jan 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 88464
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
What we do:
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been steadfast for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, EMIR, MiFIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a hands-on Trade and Transaction Reporting Analyst with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions. The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team building and maintaining solutions critical to help our clients meet ever evolving regulatory requirements.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide Domain Expertise and Business Analysis services in and around the specialist domain of Trade and Transaction Reporting.
- Awareness and monitoring of the regulatory landscape to ensure our products keep up to date with the latest regulatory changes.
- Analysis of the requirements for Trade and Transaction reporting across global jurisdictions including but not limited to – EMIR, CFTC, SEC, Canada, HKMA, JFSA, ASIC, MAS, FinFRAG, MiFIR, REMIT, SFTR, CAT.
- Learn in detail the workings of our software solutions in order to be able to contribute in a meaningful way to the business requirements, product design, and prioritization process.
- Collaborate closely with developers, testers, and the product team globally to ensure the system performs as intended.
- The business rules and data transformations in our systems are crafted to be used by Business Analysts. While no formal technical background is required, we expect our Business Analysts to be comfortable with technology in general and manipulating data. This role is not limited to writing requirements documents and presentations.
- Ensure all clients are improving the value of all components.
- Pre-sales support, working with the Sales to provide SME input and support the sales process to clients.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with facilitating active interactions between technical and non-technical teams.
- A working knowledge of at least one of the following: Capital Markets Trade - - Lifecycle, Middle Office Operations or Financial Regulatory Reporting.
- Experience with data mapping and general comfort with technical tools, such as Excel, SQL, or XML.
- Experience with writing functional specifications for tech teams.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with a Regulatory End Venue (e.g. GTR, UnaVista).
- Experience in Regulatory Trade or Transaction Reporting.
- Experience in industry standards such as FpML, ISO20022.
- Familiarity with XML including XPath and XSLT.
- Solid understanding of OTC Derivatives.
- Experience working within an Agile (Scrum) team environment.
- Experience working with a distributed team.
- Experience with reconciliations.