You're always on the pulse with the latest technology and live for any opportunity to solve complex problems.
You’re the type of person that always looks to streamline processes and find ways to make things run more efficiently. You enjoy thinking strategically and the challenge of working with evolving technology.
You’re the perfect person to work on technical development and implementation within the Technical Operations team of Bloomberg’s Global Data department.
The Global Data department collect and analyse billions of data points used by over 325,000 Bloomberg clients. In the Tech Ops team we drive the direction and implementation of technical solutions to streamline this process.
We work closely with domain specialists in Global Data, who cover products like equities and fixed income, to understand their unique market practices and processes. This allows us to tailor and implement technical solutions that will progress their product and team in areas such as user productivity, data quality and ‘time-to-market’. We do this by developing and utilising configurable components from an end-to-end technology stack made up of proprietary and open-source technologies.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
- The chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on a broad range of projects covering multiple asset classes
- To have a real, driving impact on the daily business of the Global Data department at Bloomberg through implementing technical solutions that address core business needs
- To work in a startup-like environment within a large, established firm with a global reach
- The flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo
- To explore the adoption of new technologies and solutions in areas such as machine learning, automation and data extraction
- The opportunity to invest in your career by developing your technical knowledgebase alongside colleagues who share your enthusiasm about technology
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues in Global Data to understand their domain specific business needs and objectives
- Design, prototype and implement technical solutions to address real business needs
- Help transform how Global Data goes about its daily business in a smarter and more efficient manner
- Think beyond current objectives to anticipate future technical needs of Global Data to drive the direction of our end-to-end technology stack
- Collaborate with a team that looks to develop a strategy for how we stay competitive in the technical landscape
You need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline
- Experience in running technical projects and leading them through a full life-cycle
- A natural and demonstrated ability to systematically approach tasks and to lead multiple, at times changing priorities and expectations
- Great interpersonal skills and the capacity to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with project stakeholders, management and your peers
- A strong conceptual understanding of data modelling, process engineering, software design, ETL
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience with scripting languages, particularly Python, and exposure to SQL
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.