Technical Product Manager - Metadata Platform - CTO Office
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 120868
Who we are / The Team
Bloomberg’s CTO Office is the future-looking technical and product arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design, and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware, and applications for the Bloomberg Terminal. Our projects include machine learning-powered products, cloud computing infrastructure and strategy, open source stewardship, natural language processing, and more. We are passionate about what we do.
What’s in it for you
Bloomberg's metadata management platform is a state of the art service that provides features for creating, managing and governing metamodels and metadata as well as metadata enrichment and distribution pipelines. The platform enables a wide range of use cases across Bloomberg's vast data ecosystem.
As a central platform, it ensures consistency and alignment of metadata across all lines of Bloomberg's business, producer platforms and consumer platforms, and internal and external client workflows. The metadata consistency allows for linking multiple silos of data across Bloomberg, enabling cross domain querying , advanced analytics in addition to a better search and discovery experience for our clients.
Bloomberg is looking for a Technical Product Manager to define the vision, roadmap and execution strategy for the metadata platform. As a Technical Product Manager, you will have ownership over a suite of infrastructure, grow our platforms, expand our user base, and build out new products to fulfill our mission. You will interact very closely with our internal end users and client facing product owners who are responsible to deliver data to Bloomberg clients via various end points including but not limited to Bloomberg Terminal and BQuant Platform. You will need to understand their needs and requirements for accessing metadata in order to enable better client data access and better insights . You’ll be making decisions on how to streamline metadata creation and management productionalization and how to scale the management of metadata data while making the user experience smooth and excellent. This is a high-leverage role in a very cross-functional environment, so you’ll need to be comfortable wearing many hats and balancing technical expertise with business acumen. You will work in a group of other highly motivated product managers that work on a range of adjacent projects such as data science, machine learning and quant workflows.
We’ll trust you to
- Develop a long-term vision and roadmaps for Bloomberg’s metadata platform infrastructure products.
- Prioritize, plan, make decisions, ask the right questions, and understand how to manage resources effectively.
- Set priorities and refine the engineering requirements and define the scope.
- Interact with end users, interview them to understand their workflows and technical requirements, develop a deep understanding of an ideal developer experience
- Interact with a diverse group of partners across the company to make sound technical decisions
- Work closely with the Engineering and Data teams and develop an understanding of the capabilities, constraints and opportunities.
- Assess impact of changes to metadata across firm wide goals and strategize accordingly
You’ll need to have
- 5+ years of experience in a product management role
- A passion for providing reliable, scalable, and easy-to-use infrastructure
- A product-driven focus, with product management, organizational, and communication skills to effectively coordinate and work with Engineers, other Product Managers, and senior management
- Experience building tools and workflows which support Financial products and services.
- A strong technical or Engineering background and broad technical fluency
- A track record of shaping business strategy and roadmaps for technical products
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Breadth of knowledge and familiarity with metadata, enterprise data modeling and industry best practices
We’d love to see
- A good understanding of financial markets , instruments and products
- Experience with system integration
- Experience designing and working with backend API solutions
- Applied experience with semantic technologies, W3C standards,
- Prior experience as a technical product manager or engineering technical lead
- Open source involvement or community presence