Posted Jul 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 92620
Our Software Engineers tackle some of the world’s most interesting and important technical challenges, and recruiting is a key driver of their success. We take great pride in attracting, assessing and impressing the best engineers on the market and placing them in roles where they'll make an impact.
The technical recruiting landscape is quite competitive -- we're not the only company looking for top talent. We're constantly striving to identify and engage a larger, more diverse pool of candidates to grow our world class engineering department and build and advance new solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal and our wider suite of products.
We are looking to expand our efforts to recruit top talent for roles across the engineering department - this is primarily Software Engineers, SREs, and Team Leaders. That's where you come in! Working in a fast-paced environment, you'll partner with senior recruiters and engineering hiring managers to develop and execute creative sourcing strategies.
What’s in it for you:
- Being a part of our tight-knit, collaborative recruiting team where no task is too big or small for any of us
- Listening, iterating and collaborating on our own recruiting processes and tools. If you have feedback, a new idea, a tool you want to try, we will listen and support you as best we can
- Learning from and working closely with our engineering managers and interviewers who are engaged and ready to teach you about their tech stack, give you immediate feedback on candidates you source, help you prepare your candidates for interviews, and will be there to help you close, too!
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of the roles & teams you're sourcing for, and how they fit into the organization, resulting in at least two hires per month
- Develop and implement innovative and proven sourcing strategies, leveraging all available resources
- Build a strong, diverse pipeline of highly qualified, passive candidates through direct sourcing activities
- Screen profiles/CVs and conduct intake calls to better understand candidate background & motivations
- Pitch sourced (screened) candidates to recruiting team to identify opportunities that are most aligned to candidate skills, interests, and career goals
- Always provide a high-touch candidate experience
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders and use data to measure the success and impact of your recruitment efforts
- Know what is happening in the external market and proactively share this information with the wider recruiting team and internal stakeholders
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in a technical sourcer role (agency or internal) using Boolean, LinkedIn and other search techniques, with a strong track record of filling engineering roles
- Experience with creating diverse sourcing strategies, and demonstrated success providing a diverse candidate slate
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail and able to prioritize in an environment with many competing demands
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Experience using data and market intel to inform your sourcing strategies
We'd love to see:
- A team player who’s self-aware, acts with integrity and values diversity
- An understanding of Open Source software, conferences, and community
- Experience working on a global team
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.