Technical Support Specialist (Spanish speaking)
Posted May 25, 2023 - Requisition No. 116512
Our Team: Bloomberg’s Technical Support specialists are the very best in global front line support. We are responsible for supporting Bloomberg’s variety of products and services across multiple connectivity mediums. We are a high profile team that requires the best in technical troubleshooting.
What's The Role?
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will provide both new and existing Bloomberg clients with platinum technical service. You'll offer sophisticated technical skills to resolve issues and work closely with a range of partners to deliver access to the Bloomberg infrastructure while meeting our clients’ connectivity needs. You will be responsible for communicating with key accounts while collaborating closely with market data and technology personnel as well as telecommunication providers, service vendors, and a variety of internal partners to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers. If you wish to be involved in an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that allows you to fully utilize your communication, technical, and troubleshooting skills while gaining insight into the global financial markets - then this may be the opportunity for you.
We'll Trust You To:
- Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a desire to continue to learn
- Have proficiency at multitasking in a dynamic environment
- Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service
- Support Bloomberg's software, network and hardware offerings while coordinating with clients and partners
- Fix, supervise, handle, and maintain of all Bloomberg’s private IP network including connectivity and infrastructure
- Integrate and support Bloomberg products and services into our clients’ environments including fixing and debugging application issues
- Troubleshoot hardware on virtual environments (VMWARE, CITRIX, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills when taking care of telco vendors globally (AT&T, Verizon, Telefonica, BT) to report and raise service impact issues on tail circuits
- Multitask to prioritize a high volume of simultaneous calls, instant message and tickets, alongside team related tasks and initiatives
- Thrive in a fast paced team, whilst demonstrating adaptability in a constantly evolving environment
You'll Need To Have:
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Fluency in English as well as in Spanish
- Proven knowledge of router commands, network protocols (such as SFTP, TCP, UDP, BGP, RIP, etc.)
- Experience with communicating and coordinating with internal/external partners
- A real passion and proven experience of supporting technology across a multitude of platforms
- A solid grasp of PC hardware, operating systems and software suites (Windows & Mac OS, Office Suite)
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an ability to remain calm under pressure
- An aptitude for multitasking
We'd Love To See (Nice To Haves):
- Knowledge of telecommunication lines, basic network design, and security
- CompTIA A+, CCNA or NET+ certification
- Sophisticated Excel knowledge including Macro and VBA and ability to crunch and analyse data
- Message protocols knowledge including FIX 4.0, FIX 4.2, and Fix 4.4
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.