Technology Product Manager - APIs and DevEx
Posted Oct 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 108553
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data - fast paced, innovative and expanding. We have worked hard to establish the $1bn+ business we are today. We deliver an unparalleled and ever-growing breadth and depth of enterprise content to the world's leading market participants. Without us, they simply can't operate.
We recognize the value of DevRel and DevX. We want to cultivate lasting, positive relationships with our customers' developers and engineers. We want to enable them to immediately apply our content, APIs and cloud solutions to solve their problems, and to feel we are supporting them as they do so.
To achieve this, we want to quickly move to a "lead by example" or "show-then-tell" model to make our content and APIs and directly accessible. Over a longer period of time, but no less importantly, we want to evolve a next generation of APIs and content with a clear focus on developer experience and solutions.
You will help shape our strategy for developer relations experience, and then deliver this strategy in our products.
You should have 7 years+ background in Enterprise application development and/or solution architecture in financial services and have established or be aiming to establish yourself as a technical product manager.
We would like to see expertise in some or all of the following:
- Solution architecture
- API design
- Data modeling and metadata management
- Data integration
- Cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Developer centric documentation (both written and multimedia)
As a product manager we want you to own your product: Not just what we are building, and when, but the vision - why and how we are doing it. You want to be accountable!
We will trust you to:
- Meet with staff at all levels within our customers' firms to understand their wants and underlying needs
- Own and maintain product charters, roadmaps and backlogs for transforming our developer experience
To do this we need to ask you to combine your technical expertise with energy, drive and determination. We will be looking for:
- A self-sufficient, self-starting individual
- A collaborative mindset
- An imaginative and pragmatic approach to delivering real world operable solutions
- A tenacious and reliable leader and driver of change
An engaged, energetic approach is critical to your success. Expect to:
- Juggle multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Partner closely with our engineers to plan and deliver improved APIs, sample code, sandboxes
- Partner with our technical writers to transform our written documentation
- Collaborate closely with other product managers
- Lead the production of engaging multimedia documentation
- Drive meaningful change from inception through to deliver to our customers
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.