Telecom, Media and Entertainment Editor - EMEA
Posted Feb 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 65196
You enjoy the thrill of a hot tip and working with colleagues to land a scoop, as well as digging into a feature to bring the narrative to life. You're a team player who can wear many hats, putting out calls to help break news and jamming on a live story to beat the competition. Your writing is sharp and you're imaginative with how you like to tell a story, turning to smart charts and graphics. You've got ideas about how to own coverage and can help shape pitches for print and online platforms.
We're looking for an experienced journalist to work as an Editor within our Telecommunication, Media and Entertainment team for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We chronicle the challenges and opportunities facing the industry's biggest companies in the region and their billionaire backers, including John Malone, Rupert Murdoch and Vincent Bollore. In this job, based in London, you'll work with a team of 10 other reporters and editors across the region. You'll also collaborate with other teams in Global Business, including healthcare, consumer, and transport, to deliver corporate coverage across industries on topics such as diversity, governance and Brexit.
We'll trust you to:
- Work in one of the most dynamic groups in Bloomberg News to cover all aspects of the telecommunication, media and entertainment industries in real time
- Be aware of the major news stories and trends within our coverage
- Contribute to a range of platforms
You'll need to have:
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge and a keen interest in finance, economics and business
- Confidence in editing, writing and reporting when needed
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.