Third Party Partnership Manager - Alternative Data
Posted Apr 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 102265
Bloomberg runs on data. Data drives the market. In our Data business, we supply it.
Investment managers, traders, principal investors, and corporate leaders are increasingly looking to non-traditional data to help inform investment decisions. The Bloomberg Alternative Data Business is focused on developing trusted partnerships with Third Party alternative data providers’ that produce valuable data sets and developing innovative ways for Bloomberg and our clients to consume the content.
Bloomberg delivers alternative datasets in ready-to-use formats to help investors uncover opportunities and build new strategies. Standard identifiers make testing datasets and extracting insights easier and faster. Data sets vary across a wide range of markets and data categories, such as consumer behaviour, industry insights, and technology trends. Bloomberg Second Measure is the premier provider of analytics and insights from consumer transaction data, with Investment Research and Market Research products that support strategic decision making.
Bloomberg is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and experienced individual to join the Third-Party Commercials team in our Content Acquisition department. This team is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and onboarding data from Third Party content partners such as Exchanges, Brokers and other critical market data providers to generate value to our Terminal and Enterprise customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a highly topical and fascinating function, where both traditional investment data and evolving Alternative Data are at the forefront of the minds of financial market players.
The key aspect of this market-facing position is to establish and maintain mutually beneficial strategic business relationships with premium data providers across the world to enhance and expand the value Bloomberg brings to the market data ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing data acquisition strategies across various data categories, market mapping, data hunting, and pipelining of prospective data sources
- Negotiating masterfully, and executing on scalable commercial models, working closely with our Contracts and Legal teams
- Developing strong partnerships with new and existing content partners and market data organizations
- Building relationships with various product areas in order to deliver on immediate requirements fast and anticipate future needs
- Making informed recommendations to internal clients and partners
- Analysing the impact of new products and ensuring content adheres to a strong internal data governance framework
- Collecting and communicate market feedback to inform the ongoing data partnership value proposition
- Attending and representing Bloomberg at relevant industry events, as applicable
- Data vendor management or B2B account management experience, including exposure to financial market data companies
- Solid knowledge of the institutional investment market structure, across asset classes
- Exposure to prospecting and development of new data sources, leading contract negotiations, and defining compelling commercial models
- Strong relationship management skills and the proven ability to effectively partner across various internal partners to achieve the intended business outcome
- Self-starter with demonstration of product/idea generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to multitask
- Prior experience with Alternative Data preferred, such as in the programmatic advertising or investment analytics industries.
- Prior experience in a start-up/early stage company a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll contact you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com