TicToc Producer/Editor - London
Posted Mar 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 73920
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
In December 2017, Bloomberg launched TicToc, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. We're seeking an ambitious producer to help drive TicToc’s growth across EMEA.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce videos for multiple social platforms ranging from breaking news, animations/gifs, short text-on-screen news clips, as well as longer features and explainers
- Seek creative ways to tell a story and communicate data simply and with visual appeal
- Identify trending topics and understand the elements that make video successful on social media
- Understand community driven content and how social media users can engage with and influence video content
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail and impeccable news judgment
- Experience with social media for newsgathering and distribution
- A love of news and an understanding of global trends
- Recent/relevant production and post-production experience
- Video editing experience, preferably in Adobe Premiere and Creative Suite; field shooting/producing is an asset
- Strong writing skills for headlines and scripting
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel (including nights, weekends and holidays)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Opening date: 21st March 2019
Closing date: 18th April 2019
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits