TicToc Social Curator & Editor - London
Posted Jul 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 75931
Bloomberg is seeking a creative, news-savvy Social Curator, with a background in journalism, to manage content distribution and audience growth for TicToc, Bloomberg’s video-first global news network.
You'll be responsible for managing our flagship accounts across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook, covering the day's top stories, packaging and optimizing stories for social, producing social content and breaking news coverage.
Working closely with a global team of journalists, you'll help to generate and execute story ideas. You should have strong news judgement, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of various social media platforms.
You must have experience publishing to social platforms, as well as creating captivating narratives via Instagram Stories, Twitter Threads and Twitter Moments. We're looking for someone who's got a passion for analytics and ability to use data to make informed decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage TicToc’s social media accounts
- Identify and monitor the top global stories
- Pitch creative story ideas
- Innovate with new styles, formats and channels of social promotion that helps Bloomberg stand out from the crowd
- Assist and train Bloomberg News editors on different digital tools and social platforms, including publishing optimized videos
- Cover breaking news and live events
- Curate the social conversation around a story
- Build growth and engagement strategies
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform.
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Proven experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news
- Exceptional writing skills
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
- Strong editorial judgement
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions
- Experience using SocialFlow, CrowdTangle and Adobe Creative Suite
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced news environment
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening date: 11th July 2019
Closing date: 8th August 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary plus benefits