The EMEA Bloomberg L.P. (“Bloomberg”) Trade Compliance team is part of Bloomberg’s Global Supply Chain Compliance team and is responsible for Bloomberg’s compliance with applicable international trade laws and regulations in those countries in which we conduct business operations. The EMEA team has a very broad coverage mandate and is organised to provide support to the Bloomberg Enterprise and work with external organisations, such as Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Export Control Office, Customs Agents/Brokers, Carriers, Chambers of Commerce and Inspection Agencies accordingly.
We are a fully integrated global team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members of the team to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. We foster an environment that shares knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
International trade laws/regulations are constantly changing and create creating this exciting opportunity for a new Trade Compliance Specialist to join our dynamic environment.
- Do you have passion for global trade?
- Do you love a challenge and want to be in the forefront of this exciting area?
- Are you naturally inquisitive; demonstrate good judgement and can multi-task effectively to meet challenging deadlines?
- Have you got strong communications skills with an exceptional ability to convey these to your audience?
- Do you value diversity and understands the importance of teamwork?
If so, we have the opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you?
You will assume operational responsibility for Trade Compliance oversight of the EMEA region as well as being involved in various local and global initiatives. You will be based in our EMEA HQ in London but would include regular visits to our Canning Town distribution facility. This is a great opportunity to join a first-class Trade Compliance function at a premier firm.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for classification of import/ export goods consistent with the Harmonised Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Numbers (ECN) within the EMEA region.
- Assist with Customs and other government agency requirements for the countries in the EMEA region.
- Undertake research, preparation and submission of any import/ export licenses consistent with company obligations.
- Work with both internal business units and external vendors to ensure all compliance information is maintained, including but not limited to: classification assignments; hazardous material information; RoHS, WEEE, REACH, and other governmental obligations.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for both internal (Bloomberg) and external (brokers/agents/freight forwarders) operators.
- Review and enter compliance data into SAP/GTS and the Bloomberg system.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and manage regulatory relationships as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of United Kingdom (UK); European Union (EU) and International trade regulatory changes and challenges.
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the business.
- Prepare and conduct continuing education.
- Prepare reports for internal management.
- Perform audits of import and export transactions within the EMEA region.
- Maintenance of import/export records for EMEA transactions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) and other applicable regional Supply Chain Security Programs.
- Ensure that the Trade Compliance process is sufficient and is carried out as required.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical qualification and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of International trade compliance requirements.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Programs (particularly Excel and MS Access).
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and have demonstrated ability to see a process through from start to finish.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and technology with ease.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, along with the ability to function both as an individual contributor and a team player.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP systems, including SAP GTS
- Familiarity with EU Trade compliance regulations.(import/export/re-export)
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation.
- Fluency in an additional European or other language (verbal and/or written).
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.