Trade Compliance Specialist
Posted Dec 20, 2019 - Requisition No. 80416
The EMEA Bloomberg L.P. Trade Compliance team is part of the Global Compliance team and is responsible for Bloomberg’s compliance with applicable international trade laws and regulations in those countries in which we conduct business operations. The EMEA team has a very broad coverage mandate and is organised to provide support to all the business areas in Bloomberg and work with external organisations, such as Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Export Control Office, Customs Agents/Brokers, Carriers, Chambers of Commerce and Inspection Agencies accordingly.
This is a fully integrated global team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members of the team to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
The international trade laws/regulations are constantly changing and create a fast paced and exciting opportunity to work in this environment.
You’re one of those people who have a passion for global trade and enjoy challenges and want to be in the forefront of this exciting area. You are naturally inquisitive and show good judgement with the ability to multi-task effectively. You form original opinions and have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. You are an innovative, creative thinker with the ability to adapt quickly and prioritise effectively. Teamwork is important to you and you are excited by the prospect of building relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
What’s in it for you:
You will assume operational responsibility for Trade Compliance oversight of the EMEA region as well as being involved in various local and global initiatives. You will participate in strategic initiatives with the Trade Compliance team/Global Supply Chain Compliance, and the broader Bloomberg enterprise. The role is based in our London based EMEA Headquarters and includes regular visits and meetings at our Canning Town Distribution Centre. This is a great opportunity to join a world-class Trade Compliance function at a premier firm.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work as part of the EMEA Trade Compliance team.
- Take responsibility for classification of import/ export goods consistent with the Harmonised Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Numbers (ECN) within the EMEA region.
- Manage Projects and Tasks, as assigned, within the team and/or with external teams and/or vendors.
- Assist with Customs and other government agency requirements for the countries in the EMEA region.
- Undertake research, preparation and submission of any import/ export licenses consistent with company obligations.
- Work with both internal business units and external vendors to ensure all compliance information is maintained, including but not limited to: classification assignments; hazardous material information; RoHS, WEEE, REACH, and other governmental obligations.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for both internal (Bloomberg) and external (brokers/agents/freight forwarders) operators.
- Review and enter compliance data into SAP/GTS and the Bloomberg system.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and manage regulatory relationships as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of United Kingdom (UK); European Union (EU) and International trade regulatory changes and challenges.
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the business.
- Prepare and conduct continuing education.
- Prepare reports for internal management.
- Perform audits of import and export transactions within the EMEA region.
- Maintenance of import/export records for EMEA transactions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) and other applicable regional Supply Chain Security Programs.
- Ensure that the Trade Compliance process is sufficient and is carried out as required.
You need to be able to:
- Adapt to new systems and technology with ease.
- Work well under pressure; manage a number of different tasks at the same time, often meeting challenging deadlines.
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical qualification and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of International trade compliance requirements.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Programs (particularly Excel and MS Access).
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and have demonstrated ability to see a process through from start to finish.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, along with the ability to function both as an individual contributor and a team player.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP systems, including SAP GTS
- Familiarity with US trade (import/export/re-export) compliance regulations.
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation.
- Fluency in an additional European and/or other language (verbal and/or written).
If that sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.