Training Specialist - FSKG Customer Support
Posted Oct 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 120872
The Financial Solutions Knowledge Group (FSKG) insures the training for all Bloomberg salesforce and user support worldwide. The team strategizes together with senior management in order to design, organize, schedule and execute trainings so that our clients can be served in the best possible way by the most knowledgeable representatives.
We train, mentor, and support new hires and experienced reps in Bloomberg Customer and Technical Support teams.
First impressions can make or break a client's perception of an organization. This is why our Bloomberg Customer Support team is about more than just handling inbound phone calls - it's about building a journey for our clients and connecting them to people who keep their businesses alive.
Bloomberg’s Technical Support team is responsible for deploying and supporting Bloomberg’s variety of products and services. The team requires the best in technical troubleshooting and project management.
What’s The Role?
Our team is looking for a hardworking and technically motivated Customer Support Training Specialist to join the team at the London office.
As part of the Training team, you'll be responsible for all matters related to developing/maintaining skills and knowledge vital to the success of our Customer Support employees. From the day they join Bloomberg you will help them build technical knowledge to help foster their careers across our firm. Your involvement starts from the design and development of the relevant materials, which will be suitable for either instructor-led, e-learning, or self-directed learning activities. You will consistently link the training to business performance and ensure that your solutions are effective, scalable globally and aligned with our department priorities. In addition, you will play a crucial role in shaping the development and roll-out of new initiatives and enhancements from their early stages through to implementation. You are a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, whilst collaborating closely with a team.
We'll Trust You To:
- Train, mentor, and lead new hires in both the Customer Support and the Technical Support teams
- Plan, design and implement effective advanced trainings and workshops deliberately tailored to our department’s needs, incorporating industry and market trends and focused on practical knowledge and skill building
- Deliver classroom, blended, and virtual programs
- Use training related software packages
- Conduct regular needs analysis to establish knowledge gaps and future training needs
- Collect training feedback and measure training success and business impact
- Spearhead incorporation of new workflows and tasks and contribute expertise on department processes and workflows, whilst constantly looking for improvement opportunities
- Establish strong global relationships and work collaboratively with the global training team to create standard methodologies and build meaningful trainings
- Be an epic colleague - communicate and work closely with stakeholders such as Business Leaders, SMEs, Strategy and Analytics Team and Engineering on a cross-regional basis
- Be flexible to department needs, able to adapt to changing priorities and conditions and be detail oriented for projects or research as required.
You'll Need To Have:
- A dynamic approach and real passion for delivery of training with a relentless desire for continued learning
- Strong customer focus and technical aptitude with an extraordinary level of customer service
- Technical troubleshooting, implementation, or customer support experience
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Attention to detail with excellent prioritization and time management skills
- A talent for managing without authority, influencing up and networking
- Ability to learn new technologies and workflows quickly and adapt to ever changing work demands with a desire to expand your technological expertise
- Experience in training facilitation (in-person and virtual), design and training related qualifications
- Proven track record in design and development of highly engaging learning solutions, applying industry standard instructional design principles and best practices
We'd Love To See:
- A working understanding of IT Fundamentals, Bloomberg’s Terminal software, private IP networks and/or FIX connectivity
- Experience motivating others and a track record of leading by example
- Your innovation in enhancing training materials and facilitation and a constant drive for process and workflow improvement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency in a content authoring tool, preferably Articulate 360
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.