UK Asset Management/Private Equity Reporter - London
Posted Feb 28, 2019 - Requisition No. 73864
Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced reporter to join its investing and real estate team in London to cover some of the top money managers and asset management trends in the region. From the stewards of traditional mutual funds and private equity firms to managers of pension and sovereign wealth assets, your beat will be wide-ranging and expansive. You'll be charged with breaking news and owning some of the biggest stories in the EMEA region as you track the ins and outs of Europe's fund industry, profiling star managers and getting scoops on where the smart money is flowing.
You'll need an established track record of breaking news from a network of sources, have a sense of urgency, as well as the ability to look beyond the immediate headlines to write big picture stories about underlying shifts and trends shaping the industry.
You must have an established track record of building sources on your beat. You are also a good collaborator, working with colleagues in London and around the world covering a variety of beats.
It's crucial for you to have a strong sense of the news that matters most to our readers and know how best to deliver it. You should be able to report on different platforms, whether it's a short news story, an interview on TV or radio, or a long-form piece that can feature in Businessweek or Bloomberg Markets magazine. You can tell complex stories clearly and without jargon. And most of all, you'll have the humility to always want to achieve more.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover the investment industry, with a focus on the largest asset managers active in the region
- Be comfortable in a breaking news setting with hard deadlines
- Write bigger-picture thematic stories
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors in London and around the world
- Plan ahead for news events
You'll need to have:
- Minimum five years' experience* reporting, preferably on the finance industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely to a deadline
- A proven ability to build sources
- The ability to crunch numbers and not be fazed by complex financial topics
- The commitment to the highest journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.