Vendor Manager - Physical Assets & Geodata
Posted Oct 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 120931
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Physical Assets and Geodata teams are responsible for managing databases with metadata on energy assets such as wind and solar farms, hydrogen infrastructure, battery manufacturing plants, refineries, pipelines, retail stores, bank branches and many more. The team uses various public and private sources to collect relevant data points for these physical assets such as location, ownership and capacity. Within these workflows, vendor resources play a critical role in reviewing sources, adding new data to our databases and updating existing data points. The vendor operation for Physical Assets and Geodata has been steadily growing and currently consists of around 100 vendor analysts across multiple regions.
We are looking for a leader to drive the strategy for our global Physical Assets and Geodata external resources. This role is at the heart of helping create an integrated and comprehensive Physical Assets product offering. You will be collaborating with several teams, including the Data Sourcing Office (DSO) to coordinate operations to ensure that service level agreements (SLA) for the timeliness, quality and coverage are consistently met. You will use business intelligence to aid in supervising and controlling these operations regionally, as well as collaborating with the larger global Physical Assets teams in delivering our shared roadmap. You will also be responsible for improving our regional operations through technology, process re-engineering or applying alternative resource models.
We’ll trust you to:
- Collaborate and help facilitate the operations of the Physical Assets Service Providers globally, particularly around meeting and exceeding their goals, metrics and service level agreements.
- Collaborate with our regional partners to ensure accurate prioritisation of business planning initiatives.
- Report on vendor performance to senior management and project leads on service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Drive regional workforce planning to ensure accurate resources and skills are in place to align with business needs.
- Build, scale up, wind down and re-allocate resourcing as business needs and projects change over time.
- Deliver training and upskilling initiatives for the team alongside creating and maintaining governance documentation.
- Actively conduct process analysis and process engineering across business lines to improve operations.
- Establish a center of excellence for operational analysis and strive for continuous improvement in our workflows.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of recent experience in resource or vendor operations, including experience leading vendor teams and/or contract workers.*
- Minimum 1 year of recent experience in building and project managing outsourcing strategies for a department/product.*
- Experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau).
- Experience establishing strong credibility and building influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients, vendors and partners.
- Demonstrated experience in using a creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, aided by data analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and technology.
- Ability to in a frequently changing environment.
- Conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Physical Assets markets and trends.
- Familiarity with Upwork, Gigwork, Appen Platform and technologies.
- Familiarity with Python.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com