Video Curator - Bloomberg Media
Posted Oct 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 121239
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use.
We’re seeking an ambitious Video Curator with video production experience to join the digital team and contribute to the newsroom in London. You will be keeping a close eye on news developments across EMEA and working closely with the regional news desk, digital and broadcast teams to ensure the big stories of the day are covered in a variety of video formats, across a multitude of platforms.
Video is becoming increasingly prominent in the way Bloomberg tells stories and this role is pivotal to that effort.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor breaking/trending stories and identify and commission video to embed in these articles on Bloomberg’s subscription platforms – the Bloomberg Professional and Bloomberg.com
- Curate and optimize videos on Bloomberg Television’s YouTube channel and on Bloomberg’s owned & operated smart TV app on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Samsung Smart TV
- Work closely with video producers to contribute to the expansion of Bloomberg’s reach on social platforms
- Make sure video and editorial standards are of the highest quality and collaborate with Bloomberg’s Standards and Legal teams as needed
- Contribute to longer-term projects such as planning for major events and come up with content and product development ideas as Bloomberg expands its audience on subscription and non-subscription platforms
- Deliver your best work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling multiple projects
- Collaborate with other teams across the globe and help set the visual news agenda
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years' experience in creating, producing or curating video for a leading digital publisher
- Strong attention to detail and excellent news judgment
- Experience of working in business, financial news and politics
- Demonstrated knowledge of social video platforms
- Experience analyzing video traffic, identifying trends and turning that data into actionable information
- Demonstrated use of SEO and other video optimization techniques
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and cloud-based editing tools
- Flexibility with hours/ability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)